The Mississippi Recycling Coalition (MRC) is offering up to $10,000 in grants to schools to support new or expanding recycling programs. Both $500 and $1,000 grants are available to public and private K-12 schools in Mississippi. This grant program supports the mission of MRC, a non-profit organization that works to promote and grow recycling efforts in the state.
Applications are due Tuesday, December 20, 2016. Mailed applications should be postmarked by that date; faxed and emailed applications should be submitted by 11:59 p.m.
MRC accepts applications through mail, fax and email. Please make sure applications and all accompanying forms are submitted by the deadline. Also, please note guidelines and instructions below.
Mail: ATTN: School Recycling Grants, Mississippi Recycling Coalition, PO Box 23294, Jackson, MS 39225
Fax: ATTN: School Recycling Grants, Mississippi Recycling Coalition, 601-961-5785
Guidelines and Instructions:
- MRC only accepts one application per school.
- A budget outline must be included in response to Question 6 on the application form. The budget must support the grant amount the school is requesting (e.g. $500 or $1,000).
- We request that all signatures be completed with an ink pen in a color other than black.
- Applications without the necessary signatures will not be considered.
- Only typed pages will be considered.
- Font size should be no smaller than 10 points and no larger than 14 points.
- In responding to Questions 1-6 of the application, additional attachments or enclosures may be included if needed.